Why is it so important to exercise when Pregnant?
So often ladies who have been exercising stop dead when they find out they are pregnant, this is usually down to fear they are going to do something wrong and hurt their baby, which we totally understand.
There is so much going on with the body when you are pregnant, and it doesn’t help when you go to your normal class and tell your instructor and they either kick you out, look terrified and not sure what to do with you, or utter the words “take it easy” whatever that means!
It is not their fault, they haven’t necessarily done the training required to advise you properly and if they have it may have been a while ago as they don’t use it day in day out, unlike us.
So why is it good to stay active in pregnancy? Take a look at the list below.
- Increases blood flow so helps reduce puffiness
- Helps control weight gain (yay)
- Strengthens the body to help carry the extra weight of baby.
- Reduces discomforts caused by PSD (Pubic Symphis dysfunction)
- Strengthens “pushing” muscles so your pushes are more effective.
- Increases your general fitness to cope with the strains of labour because at the end of the day it’s a big out workout.
- Can help reduce the need of intervention, (not in all cases, somethings are out of our control).
- Aids quicker recovery.